BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: J Man on December 04, 2010, 08:21:37 PM

Title: MGB motor mounts
Post by: J Man on December 04, 2010, 08:21:37 PM
I am taking the motor out of my GT and putting it into my Morris Minor. I would lie to get the stock engine mounts from a MGB and weld them into the Morris. What I need to know is if anyone reproduces the engine mounts that are welded to the structure of the car or will I need to find a parts car and cut them out? Thanks
Title: Re: MGB motor mounts
Post by: smelfi on December 05, 2010, 08:54:39 AM
Jason,
What year do you need? I might still have the one's I cut off my 77 MGB. If that year works for you I'll look for them.
Title: Re: MGB motor mounts
Post by: J Man on December 05, 2010, 07:39:51 PM
The motor I am using is out of a '74 (early, if that matters). Thanks
Title: Re: MGB motor mounts
Post by: smelfi on December 06, 2010, 08:29:41 AM
Jason,
I found the mounts I cut off of my 79. Looks like I used a sawsall and cut them off about a quarter inch from the frame. The pattern left on the the surface where the rubber engine mount blocks contacted them is round.
Let me know if you want them. No charge for them, they were in my "metal to recycle" pile.
Title: Re: MGB motor mounts
Post by: J Man on December 06, 2010, 04:58:45 PM
The mount on mine is rectangle so I do not think it will work, Thanks for the offer. Maybe I will get lucky and someone else will have some.
Title: Re: MGB motor mounts
Post by: J Man on December 07, 2010, 06:42:55 PM
I just found them listed in the Victoria British catalog. A little over $21 per side.