BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: tbush on November 20, 2010, 03:37:20 PM

Title: Spitty's new dash
Post by: tbush on November 20, 2010, 03:37:20 PM
Here is the new dash for my Spitfire project.
The instrument cluster is from a '91 Cavalier. I am using it to be fully compatible with the ECU I am using. Turn signal indicators, shift light, and cruise light were added into the cluster.The headlight switch and hazard switch are from an early 90's Saab. I need to get new knobs for the panel dimmer and the wiper switch. To the left of the head light switch is a rocker switch for the driving lights. I put a Pioneer CD deck in the dash. The lights under the heater controls are the idiot lights, including a "service engine" lamp.
The wood is the original dash with new birch veneer and Helmsman spar varnish.
Spittydash.JPG
Title: Re: Spitty's new dash
Post by: motek on November 20, 2010, 07:33:53 PM
Very nice. I used to have a 1985 SAAB and the switches had a good firm feel.


George
Title: Re: Spitty's new dash
Post by: socorob on November 21, 2010, 09:58:32 AM
I used the saab headlight and emergency flashers in my V6 alpine, they work well. I think they have a modern look to them, an i used a winshield wiper/squirter switch from an oldr ford truck, i tried to go multifunction on everything i could to free up some of the limited dash space that was available. The only problem I have is the light in the headlight switch doesnt light up when the headlights are on. Do you know if the bulbs can be changed in them easily?
Title: Re: Spitty's new dash
Post by: tbush on November 21, 2010, 01:55:44 PM
Robbie, if it's the round switch the bulb is in the back between the terminals. Just put a screw driver in the slot and give it a half twist.

-Tim