BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Moderator on March 10, 2008, 04:52:15 PM

Title: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Moderator on March 10, 2008, 04:52:15 PM
The complete call for entries is here: http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/2nd-Photo-Contest.htm

The contest theme is "People Having Fun with Modified British Sports Cars".

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO TELL YOUR WIFE, KIDS AND FRIENDS ABOUT THIS CONTEST
They're totally eligible and invited to participate.

My wife Lisa is getting involved. Here's a sneak peak at one of her entries:
LisaKKerans-Banner2.jpg
(Taken at Pueblo Motorsports Park in Colorado yesterday. Check out those new Panasports!)
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Moderator on April 01, 2008, 03:52:55 PM
Ummmm... we're not exactly experiencing a tidal wave of contest entries yet.

So this is another reminder, plus another chance for you to enjoy my wife's photography!

Lisa's latest photo of someone having fun with their modified British sports car:

PeopleHavingFun.jpg
(The photo shows someone installing a "Dzus Fastener" spring in an MGB GT cargo area. The roll cage is the "performance modification". See the blur? It's an "action shot" - a very tricky photo to get right. The message? YOU can do this. Send in your photos now!)
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: BMC on April 10, 2008, 03:24:45 AM
Just remember YOU asked for it!

-BMC.
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Moderator on May 08, 2008, 09:48:17 PM
EXCITING UPDATE !!!

Dan Masters has volunteered to judge this year's photo contest!

HAVE YOU STARTED TAKING PHOTOS YET?

Don't forget to encourage your spouse and kids to participate too.
Title: Pics from Willoughby
Post by: Dan B on May 14, 2008, 08:08:39 PM
Here are some pictures from last year's V8 meet:
2007BritishV8001.jpg<br>Photo credit:  Edith Blackwood<br>[attach id=11582007BritishV8002.jpg[/attach]
Photo credit:  Matthew Blackwood
2007BritishV8003.jpg
Photo credit:  Matthew Blackwood
2007BritishV8004.jpg
Photo credit:  Matthew Blackwood
Title: More 2007 pix
Post by: Dan B on May 14, 2008, 08:13:08 PM
Matthew also took these:
2007BritishV8005.jpg
2007BritishV8006.jpg
Nice hood bulge, don'tcha think?
2007BritishV8008.jpg
Now THAT is a Classic Car!
2007BritishV8009.jpg
Title: More 07 photos
Post by: Dan B on May 14, 2008, 08:15:45 PM
2007BritishV8010.jpg
2007BritishV8011.jpg
2007BritishV8012.jpg
2007BritishV8014.jpg
Title: Plenty more pix of 07
Post by: Dan B on May 14, 2008, 08:17:39 PM
2007BritishV8015.jpg
2007BritishV8016.jpg
2007BritishV8017.jpg
2007BritishV8018.jpg
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Moderator on May 14, 2008, 11:38:13 PM
Cool - I'll make sure these excellent photos get entered.

Dan, If you or Michael (or anyone else) will be taking more pictures, it might be best to review the contest rules. Some of these photos qualify nicely, but others are missing a critical component ==> they're supposed to have people in them!

I'm not judging of course - but I'll go out on a limb and say I especially like that last photo. I get a special kick out of pictures of Roger Williams taking pictures.
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Moderator on May 14, 2008, 11:46:55 PM
p.s. If someone is trying to ID the cars in Michael's photos, I can help. The older red Triumph is Dan's own (stock) TR4A. (Brother Jim appears in the first photo, in the burgandy t-shirt.) The red TR6 is Ted Lathrop's. The black MGB is Al and Patty Wulf's. (I love that car... passed it on a mountain road just the other weekend, but I waved too late!) The yellow MGB-LE is Jack Renaud's. The orange MGB is one of Mike Maloney's... we don't have a gallery page for that car yet, so I'm especially keen to get more photos of it. The red MGB-GT is Terry Schulte's. Check the photo galleries if you're curious to know more about these various cars.
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Dan B on May 15, 2008, 09:02:48 AM
Actually, I was just looking for someplace to post the pictures from last year, so I didn't read the rules.. It's a guy thing, you know.

Jim's son Matthew was riding in the passenger seat from the track to the hotel, so he took most of the pictures I posted.  I will look tonight and see which of the ones I have left qualify.  I have several from the autocross.
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Dan B on May 15, 2008, 10:20:01 PM
2007BritishV8036.jpg
2007BritishV8035.jpg
2007BritishV8034.jpg
2007BritishV8033.jpg
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Dan B on May 15, 2008, 10:22:56 PM
2007BritishV8032.jpg
2007BritishV8031.jpg

2007BritishV8029.jpg
2007BritishV8026.jpg
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: Dan B on May 15, 2008, 10:28:47 PM
2007BritishV8025.jpg
2007BritishV8024.jpg
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: tetlow on May 16, 2008, 12:48:35 PM
Drowned English Rat trying to remove a V8 before the eye of the hurricane passes!!
DrownedRat.jpg
Title: Re: Reminder: Enter Your Photos in Our Contest!!!
Post by: classic conversions on May 26, 2008, 11:06:43 PM
Curtis, contest pictures
DSCF1967_0043.jpg
DSC00350.JPG
DSC00378.JPG