BritishV8 Forum

General Category => MG Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on October 28, 2010, 01:29:21 AM

Title: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: Moderator on October 28, 2010, 01:29:21 AM
We know there are a whole bunch of MG T-series V8's out there - and more great T-series projects are in the works. Now finally, one of their owners has ventured forward and broken the ice by submitting How It Was Done materials. I hope a lot of others soon follow. This conversion is truly exceptional, and I hope the write-up inspires, motivates, and educates:  

<a href="http://www.britishv8.org/MG/EdLaBrush-MG-TD.htm">Ed LaBrush's 1952 MG TD V8 with Custom Front and Rear Suspension</a>  (25 photos)

teaser:
(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/EdLaBrush-MG-TD/EdLaBrush-MG-TD-AC.jpg)

(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/EdLaBrush-MG-TD/EdLaBrush-MG-TD-BE.jpg)

(http://www.britishv8.org/MG/EdLaBrush-MG-TD/EdLaBrush-MG-TD-DB.jpg)
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: ex-tyke on October 28, 2010, 09:26:10 AM
I'm definitely impressed by the thought that went into this very tasteful conversion......I like it!
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: castlesid on October 28, 2010, 04:42:33 PM
Superb workmanship, a credit to the mans abilities.

Kevin.
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: pspeaks on October 28, 2010, 05:00:45 PM
What a beautifully engineered car backed up with impressive workmanship.  I'm amazed and envious.  Pardon me for a minute while I go out to the shop and kick my GT in the rear bumper!     "P"
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: flitner on October 29, 2010, 01:04:50 AM
That is a very Impressive build indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll just go ahead and heave my project into the canal! ;- )
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: Phillip G on October 29, 2010, 10:38:54 PM
Curtis,

You may have caught the ultimate MG V8 rebuild with Ed LaBrush's '52 MG TD  V8 rebuild article.

Where can you go from there ?

We all make a deep bow to the ultimate MG V8 rebuild.

keep them on the track

phillip g
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: deltadave on November 13, 2010, 08:09:02 PM
Curtis
This is a great car. My 350 Chevy powered 53 TD is having an overheating problem. I'm using the stock radirator with a modified top tank. It's not spewing coolent, but is at 225 on the temp gauge. I'm going to install a high performance aluminum pump and put in some Royal Pruple Ice. If the problem still persist, I will need to have a larger radiator built. I would like to contact Ed and talk to him about his radiator. Do you have an email address for Ed?
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: Moderator on November 13, 2010, 09:25:36 PM
The easiest way to contact Ed is via this site's nifty private message system. His MemberID is Stage6TD, and his profile is here: http://forum.britishv8.org/profile.php?2,11642  

(From the profile page, simply click on the words "Send A Private Message".)

Wishing you good luck with that cooling system...
Curtis
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: HealeyRick on November 14, 2010, 02:08:16 AM
Simply beautiful.  I just love swaps that add horsepower while keeping the essence of  the British sports car intact.  This one fills the bill.  Not only am I dumping my car in the ocean,  I'm tossing my tools in as well.
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on November 14, 2010, 09:28:18 AM
The Greenies'll get you for that......

JB
Title: Re: New Addition to the MG Photo Gallery... an MG TD V8!!!
Post by: Moderator on November 15, 2010, 04:51:34 PM
Just be sure to drain all the fluids first. Then you can legitimately call it an artificial reef.