BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: jim0899 on October 25, 2010, 08:35:35 AM

Title: Top Gear BBC show
Post by: jim0899 on October 25, 2010, 08:35:35 AM
Link to 60 minutes segment from Sunday -pretty interesting.  (sorry you have to watch the commercial first)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/?pid=9lNb2DlvD1YjtNeHQylZkZ7nU41w_mnI&vs=homepage&play=true

Link to the story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-20020472-10391709.html?tag=pop

Top Gear corvette ZR1!!  (Built in Kentucky)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlvQLQTtOmk&NR=1
Title: Re: Top Gear BBC show
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on October 25, 2010, 08:56:42 AM
I hear there is supposed to be an american version out soon?

JB
Title: Re: Top Gear BBC show
Post by: socorob on October 25, 2010, 11:49:07 PM
I think Nov 21?
Title: Re: Top Gear BBC show
Post by: flitner on October 26, 2010, 12:17:42 PM
I saw the trailer for Top Gear US, Meh !  seems like a white boy trying to be hip,  I will have to watch and see if it can keep up with the original. Doubt it!
Title: Re: Top Gear BBC show
Post by: socorob on October 26, 2010, 03:18:37 PM
yeah but the 1st couple seasons of top gear werent too great, after they got rid of the other guy and brough james may in it got better. hopefully this will do the same.
Title: Re: Top Gear BBC show
Post by: Bratfink on November 04, 2010, 04:35:55 PM
The first few years of the show they actually reviewed cars!

I don't think Jeremy Clarkson was even in the first few series, he didn't show up til the late 80's

The show was going at least as early as the late 70's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_92HMSf6fUU&feature=related