BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Moderator on September 30, 2010, 01:27:27 PM

Title: Volunteer(s) Needed... re: Fastimes Indoor Karting at BV8-2010
Post by: Moderator on September 30, 2010, 01:27:27 PM
Hey guys, I need a volunteer to write up a brief report about kart racing at this year's meet.

I'll help with it... and in fact I've put together some photos and some very preliminary captions, here:
<a href="http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/2010-Fastimes-Karting.htm">BritishV8's 2010 Fastimes Indoor Karting Grand Prix</a>

Please send me a pm or e-mail if interested.

Got a tip, tidbit, or story lead?  Post it here!



NOTE:  we currently only have photos of five of the teams. Please let me know if you can help with the others!
Title: Re: Volunteer(s) Needed... re: Fastimes Indoor Karting at BV8-2010
Post by: Dan B on October 01, 2010, 02:07:55 PM
Curtis,

Our team was Team Umstead, named after the wild goose chase we participated in at the Durham meet, Artie had a GPS!

Dan B
Title: Re: Volunteer(s) Needed... re: Fastimes Indoor Karting at BV8-2010
Post by: ex-tyke on October 01, 2010, 03:10:00 PM
Pete "el Stig" Mantell, I believe, had the fastest lap time of 24.367 sec....that translates into an average 25mph lap time. When you're out there, it feels like 60mph.
Title: Re: Volunteer(s) Needed... re: Fastimes Indoor Karting at BV8-2010
Post by: Moderator on October 01, 2010, 04:58:37 PM
How could I forget! That tour of Durham and its environs was a fine test for my then-new cooling system. It passed, but I think my brain overheated.

Thanks for the reminder about Pete. I expect that just goes to show the benefit of lots of practice;)

I've added those notes...