Scott's (2.8 / 3.1?) V6 in his MG is said to be a Generation II, a transverse engine with very different motor mount points, apparently using Classic Conversion Engineering motor mounts designed for a rear-wheel-drive block anyway! How? Are all the Gen II innards and heads loaded into a RWD block? If not, how do the mounts attach to the Gen II block?
Barry, I'm not sure which car you're refering to but if it uses a Generation II style engine it's either had the Gen II heads and pistons bolted to a RWD block or 3.4 crate motor or uses homemade mounts or some from British Car Conversions which as far as I know is the only vendor for a mount kit for the Gen II engine. http://www.britishcarconversions.com/
Gen II blocks didn't have the bosses on the sides for the RWD style mounts, so the CCE type mounts from Bill Guzman wouldn't fit.
Barry,
I am using a Gen II FWD block. Enclosed are some pictures that should give you an idea of my approach. There are probably many ways to do this. I believe there are some differences in the later Gen III blocks but they are very doable as well. Let me know if you have any questions.
-- Scott
Right side of block
RightSideFWDBlock.jpg
Left side of block
LeftSideFWDBlock.jpg
Right side motor mount
RightMM.jpg
Left side motor mount
LeftMM.jpg
Excellent! Excellent! Exactly what I wanted to know --and good news besides! It will work with no more trouble than any other mixed-make engine swap I've done. Thank you, thank you! Your great photo details tell it all. The few 2.8 / 3.1 / 3.4 engines (the owners weren't sure!) I've seen were buried, if not in weeds and critter nests, then in mandatory hoses and all. I'll build one over the winter, then get to the car.