BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Ianp on July 13, 2010, 03:52:40 PM

Title: Driving your sports car in winter
Post by: Ianp on July 13, 2010, 03:52:40 PM
Do any of you drive your cars in winter?
I'm considering buying a TR6, and wanted to know what experiences people have had driving their sports car in winter, particularly in the Toronto, Canada area.
Here's an article from CanadianDriver.com about the subject.
http://www.canadiandriver.com/2006/01/23/feature-why-you-should-drive-your-sports-car-in-the-winter.htm

Ian
Title: Re: Driving your sports car in winter
Post by: rficalora on July 13, 2010, 04:42:00 PM
Yes.  But winters in south Texas are a bit different than Toronto :)
Title: Re: Driving your sports car in winter
Post by: alana on July 13, 2010, 05:51:19 PM
Used to drive the 6 in the snow.
LSD was a big help though.
Title: Re: Driving your sports car in winter
Post by: RMO 699F on July 13, 2010, 06:20:16 PM
I drive my car year round in SW Ohio. However, in the winter months I drive it far less frequently and only on days when there is no snow and any salt that may have been there has been washed away by rain. Cold weather never prevents me from driving my car, only snow and corrosive salt.
Title: Re: Driving your sports car in winter
Post by: rficalora on July 13, 2010, 06:28:36 PM
Mike, i don't want to hijack this thread... but have a look at the one I posted subject "for those who drive them: insurance" & let me know who you use.  I'm not coming up with good answers yet for a car to be driven beyond to shows, club mtgs, etc.
Title: Re: Driving your sports car in winter
Post by: mowog1 on July 13, 2010, 09:51:33 PM
Rob.....State Farm
Title: Re: Driving your sports car in winter
Post by: MGBV8 on July 14, 2010, 09:38:56 PM
I don't like to drive my MG on salty roads in the winter.  Actually, being over 6' tall, I don't like to drive it with the top up.  :)