BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: 74ls1tr6 on February 17, 2008, 12:56:49 PM

Title: Has anyone used Google Earth and typed their address in?
Post by: 74ls1tr6 on February 17, 2008, 12:56:49 PM
Wow!

I can see my pool spa and what cars are home! Hmmm....it would be scary in real time. I also used this to see where the WI meet was held, pretty cool I must say!. Google Earth is a simple download for free. It was a link from my GPS unit in the software.

Calvin
Title: Re: Has anyone used Google Earth and typed their address in?
Post by: Moderator on February 17, 2008, 02:54:56 PM
The view of my street was several years old, last time I checked.

I used Google Earth when researching Abingdon England for an article about the old MG factory. I wish I had used it BEFORE actually going to Abingdon though, because it revealed things that I missed in person, like what's left of the old MG crash-test barrier and also old, overgrown WWII air-defence bunkers along the road-test route. The detail is amazing! You can count the hogs on the hog farms along the road test route.  I printed out one screen and used it to create a more accurate map of the road test route.
Title: Re: Has anyone used Google Earth and typed their address in?
Post by: Simon Austin on February 18, 2008, 02:29:24 AM
Another cool place to see from space is the old Brooklands racetrack. You can make out the outline of the original track and still see the airfield where Vicker's had a factory.

Saw the place for real back in '99.  Definately a must-see if anyone gets a chance.