BritishV8 Forum

General Category => Triumph Sports Cars => Topic started by: Moderator on March 30, 2010, 02:52:26 PM

Title: Spitfire Race Car
Post by: Moderator on March 30, 2010, 02:52:26 PM
I don't know how many of you guys read our racing forum, so I'll cross-post this announcement...  

New to BritishRaceCar.com: <a href="http://www.britishracecar.com/PatRyan-Triumph-Spitfire.htm">Pat Ryan's 1967 Triumph Spitfire Racecar</a>   (47 photos)

Since I personally know next to nothing about Spitfires, please comment here if you spot anything interesting in the photos that I failed to caption, and don't hesitate to let me know if there are errors in the write-up.

(http://www.britishracecar.com/PatRyan-Triumph-Spitfire/Spitfire-A.jpg) (http://www.britishracecar.com/PatRyan-Triumph-Spitfire/Spitfire-B.jpg)

(http://www.britishracecar.com/PatRyan-Triumph-Spitfire/Spitfire-C.jpg) (http://www.britishracecar.com/PatRyan-Triumph-Spitfire/Spitfire-D.jpg)
Title: Re: Spitfire Race Car
Post by: Moderator on April 08, 2010, 04:35:37 PM
Today's addition to the gallery... <a href="http://www.britishracecar.com/ScottJanzen-Triumph-GT6.htm">Scott Janzen's 1968 Triumph GT6 Race Car</a>

I don't know how quick this particular GT6 is because VRG wasn't posting lap times the weekend I saw it running, but this GT6 certainly makes a magnificent rumble! In terms of styling, this is my favorite Michelotti design.  Please invite your Triumph racing enthusiast friends to check out the article!

(http://www.britishracecar.com/ScottJanzen-Triumph-GT6/ScottJanzen-Triumph-GT6-AA.jpg)
Title: Re: Spitfire Race Car
Post by: jellison on May 04, 2010, 10:19:14 AM
What series / class do these two cars run in?
Title: Re: Spitfire Race Car
Post by: Moderator on May 04, 2010, 11:54:50 PM
Spitfire
QuoteRacing Class:     originally SCCA G-Production. Currently SVRA 1FP.

SCCA = Sports Car Club of America
SVRA = Sportscar Vintage Racing Association

GT6
QuoteWe met Scott and viewed his handsome Triumph GT6 at Summit Point Motorsports Park, where he was participating in Vintage Racer Group's "Turkey Bowl 2009"...


Racing Class:     under two-liter vintage.

(Note: VRG considers both the car and the driver's skill when assigning them to race groups for a particular event. To give you some feel for that, at their "Jefferson 500" event last weekend 1800cc MGB's were divided over two different groups. John Targett and Alan Tosler are quite fast, so they were bumped up to run in the same class as for example an Elva MkVII, a TVR Tuscan V6, a Sunbeam Tiger, and a Jaguar E-type... Back in the early seventies when this GT6 was originally raced, I'm pretty confident it ran in SCCA's E-Production class, which is the same class an MGB would have raced in.)
Title: Re: Spitfire Race Car
Post by: Moderator on May 24, 2010, 02:05:27 PM
Here's a brand new article featuring another Triumph racecar:

<a href="http://www.britishracecar.com/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4.htm">George Wright's 1961 Triumph TR4</a>  (58 photos)

(http://www.britishracecar.com/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4-A.jpg) (http://www.britishracecar.com/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4-B.jpg)

(http://www.britishracecar.com/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4-C.jpg) (http://www.britishracecar.com/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4/GeorgeWright-Triumph-TR4-D.jpg)


Special thanks are due to James Bowler and to Kas Kastner for contributing information and funding for this article.

<a href="http://www.britishracecar.com/preview/JamesBowler-MG-MGBGTV8.jpg">(http://www.britishracecar.com/v-WeldoneInc.gif)</a>

<a href="http://www.kaskastner.com">(http://www.britishracecar.com/v-KasKastner.gif)</a>


Enjoy!