BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: BMC on February 10, 2008, 08:03:44 PM

Title: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: BMC on February 10, 2008, 08:03:44 PM
I have been accumulating a list of interested parties in Engine Conversions of British built vehicles. If you happen to live in MN or a surrounding area and might be interested to receive a few blind carbon copies (NOT SPAM!!!) of information every year about events that may be of high interest to you, please contact me at:
brian _at_ mgv6 dot com

Or leave your contact information here....

The current list is growing. Please sign up early. This list will be used to contact people for events such as the British Conversions meetings as well as other local events of similar interest- mostly driving, racing and so on. You know- What these cars were built for. No promotional junk and you can request to be removed as well.

-BMC.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: v869tr6 on February 10, 2008, 11:38:00 PM
Sounds like fun to me I sent you a PM with my E-mail.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: BMC on February 11, 2008, 01:17:07 AM
Got it.     You've been added.

-BMC.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: hoffbug on January 04, 2009, 08:18:17 PM
some day we all have to get together.. unless I missed it already.LOL
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: MGBV8 on January 04, 2009, 08:22:51 PM
You must have! We were just in Wisconsin.

http://www.britishv8.org/2008-British-V8-Car-Meet.htm
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: BMC on January 06, 2009, 11:32:54 PM
Haha. Yup, we did go to Wisconsin this last summer and you missed a great meet but..

We still have yet to meet here. There are quite a number of Conversion guys in town and that number between Sunbeam, MG, Triumph and many others its amazing how many people have come out of the woodwork.

There is a regular event in Mpls for all the British car guys and gals- a breakfast at the Square peg that I run down to about every 2 months. You can find out more here: http://mmgg.org/scheduled_events.htm

I would still like to do something sometime this year if enough people can be gathered otherwise we can crash one of the other clubs events.

-BMC.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: v869tr6 on January 07, 2009, 08:35:34 PM
If my car is running at the time I sure would like to get together somewhere in the Twin Cities. The Square peg or even a pot luck BBQ at a park. Be cool to see some of the local, little cars with big engines.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: hoffbug on January 08, 2009, 02:56:12 PM
Well. My aluminum V-8m is going into a GM H-body ..and its a long way from being done... But Id like to be added to your list if that OK.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: BMC on January 09, 2009, 12:10:08 AM
Tony,

Use my email address above and send me your email address. I'll add your name to the list. Also, if anyone has an idea of when/where to do something or "crash" one of the other car club meets or drives, I am happy to hear any ideas.

-BMC.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: v869tr6 on January 09, 2009, 09:34:31 PM
Crashing the Healey auto cross and speed run might be fun.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: MGBV8 on January 09, 2009, 11:23:55 PM
QuoteCrashing the Healey auto cross

Now, that just wouldn't be fair.  ;)
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: BMC on January 11, 2009, 12:33:04 AM
Carl,

My Dad is now 64, he tells me when he beats me at the autocross in his car that youth and wisdom are no match for old age and treachery. I think he backs the timing off 10 degrees when I'm not looking. I guess that would explain why I am only 0.05 second behind him sometimes. I am still trying to figure out how You beat me.
LOL!!

We need a rematch. Next time I am coming with a set of tires that are not 5 years old and are as wide as yours... and an antisway bar provided by you!

Where is v8 '10?

Lemme at 'um - Let Me at 'um!!
(Must destroy Carl's FLawless record even if it mean backing His timing off 10 degrees)



Ed,

I think I want to crash one of the MAC autocrosses with a group of us. (MAC= Real timing equipment) Then crash MAHC with their hill climb.

MAC autocross:
http://forum.mnautox.com

MAHC:
http://mnhealey.com/


-BMC.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: MGBV8 on January 11, 2009, 10:11:08 AM
Haven't ya heard, Brian? Youth & Wisdom are mutually exclusive.  :)

Good luck crashing the hillclimb. Around here, for a hillclimb, a convertible must have a real rollbar & arm restraints. You must have a driving suit & a Time Trials Level 4 Competition license.
Title: Re: Minnesotans and Surrounding British Conversion guys
Post by: BMC on January 11, 2009, 02:40:18 PM
There are few hills in MN. We have more rolling plains than say Iowa which is more level than the salt flats, so any Minnesotan would tell.

The Healey Hillclimb is a non-cometative event. No "official" times are posted which makes it possible to do this event without certain annoying features. One Lotus had an unfortunate accident to the frame but no damage occurred to the facility or anybody. The car was later repaired. Its held on private property ski resort drive. Those with highly modified MGBs or other 4 cylinder cars really dont have much to worry about but depending on tires, you may have to slow down for a couple parts. Highly modified cars generally only put their cars to 80% of power capabilities in a couple of sections and its more of a gentlemens race once you get real power on the hill.

Its a rush driving the hill. More fun than autocrossing even though times are not posted.

-BMC.