BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: Moderator on March 02, 2010, 04:54:51 PM

Title: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 02, 2010, 04:54:51 PM
When Chris Lambersky validated his membership on February 18th, he became the 1200th active user of the BritishV8 message board. To commemorate this auspicious occasion, I decided we should offer something special and tangible. For a limited time only, I decided to sell some specially-designed BritishV8 t-shirts!

The Design: these are top quality, heavy weight, silk screened t-shirts featuring original high-contrast designs on both front and back.  This is a great way to show your support for our unique online community.  I recommend ordering extras, in both colors. They'll make great gifts!

Option 1:  white ink silk-screened onto black Gildan "Ultra Cotton"  t-shirts
(http://www.britishv8.org/Photos/BritishV8-T-Shirt-black.jpg)

Option 2:  white ink silk-screened onto forest green heather Gildan "Ultra Cotton" t-shirts
(http://www.britishv8.org/Photos/BritishV8-T-Shirt-forest.jpg)

Note: these images are mock-ups. Details such as the precise size of the logos on the shirt and their placement will be optimized by the shirt printer.

Adult sizes: small, medium, large, x-large, xx-large, xxx-large.

Pricing: $18/each + $5/each for postage to anywhere in US or Canada
(Please e-mail or p.m. for shipping quotes to other locations.)
Note: this is a fundraiser, and all profits will go to the operating budget of this website.

How to Order: Starting immediately, I'll accept pre-orders by mailed check or online via PayPal.

To order by mail:  
1) checks should be made out to "Curtis Jacobson"
2) checks should be mailed to 429 Martin Street, Longmont, CO  80501  (USA)
3) please don't forget to state your size and color requirements!
4) don't forget to include your ship-to address.

I've added a new  <a href="http://www.britishv8.org/merchandise.htm">BritishV8 Store</a> page to the website and placed it under the "Contact" navigation button at the top of the page.  You'll find a PayPal button there, and you can use it to purchase by credit card if you prefer, or via bank transfer if you have a PayPal account. (Note: if you're curious... PayPal charges us $0.97 on a $23.00 transaction.)

On March 15, I'll total up the number of shirts pre-ordered, and place a bulk order with the t-shirt printer. Shirts will be printed and ready to mail from Longmont Colorado in the first week of April.

Thank You For Supporting BritishV8!
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 02, 2010, 04:57:30 PM
Received Orders To Date:
Mike Alexander
Tony Andrews
Dave Burstyn
Richard Carr
Mark Cooley
Scott Costanzo
Don Faber
Rob Ficalora
Carl Floyd
David Germain
Calvin Grannis
Martyn Harvey
Tony Hoffer
Curtis Jacobson
Judy Lathrop
Mike Maloney
Phil McConnell
Rick Neville
Phil Ossinger
Michelle Pierce
Jack Renaud
Phyllis Renz
Rudy Sayre
Paul Schils
Les Shockey
Kelly Stevenson
Dave Townsend
Van Wilder
Bill Young

Thank you!
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 05, 2010, 04:08:18 AM
Tonight we refined the shirt's front design a bit.  You can see the new and improved version above...
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 12, 2010, 12:45:01 PM
So... what proportion of T-shirts sales would you expect for each color, black versus heather green?

I'll admit that I've been surprised...

About 50-50?  

Skewed one way or the other?  

Go ahead, take a guess!
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 15, 2010, 02:37:24 AM
Well it's March 15 in Colorado - "The Ides of March" - and today is the last day to pre-order BritishV8 Website T-shirts!  

If you want one, please act quickly. I'll order a handful of extra shirts, but hopefully they'll go quickly.  In case you're curious, forest green heather was leading black by about nine to one, but now black is surging in popularity: 16:4 at last count.

Notice: if you sent in your order by post and your name isn't listed above, please contact me electronically ASAP.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Bill Young on March 15, 2010, 12:04:42 PM
Ok Curtis, you got me to pony up and order one. I'll be proudly wearing it in Indy.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 16, 2010, 03:56:19 PM
Okay, cool!  My thanks to everyone who pre-ordered.  I've placed the order with the silk-screener, and they confirmed that the T-shirts will be ready for mailing in the first week of April.  I ordered a few extra shirts. They're available on the "Store" page... first-come first-served until they sell out.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Mr. T on March 17, 2010, 10:11:41 AM
Curtis - Is it to late to order a green XL? Meant to revisit your post. If I can, I'll pay via pay pal when I get back in tonight.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 17, 2010, 10:52:25 AM
It's NOT too late!  I've marked one green XL "reserved" for you. Thanks.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Mr. T on March 17, 2010, 09:09:49 PM
Done$, thanks Curtis. They look great! Ready to buy those cool stickers for the winglets when you're able to add them to the store.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 18, 2010, 04:13:16 PM
Oh yeah! The two-in-one sticker idea resurfaces. Here's what the last mock-up looked like:

British-V8-2-in-1-mockup.jpg

The idea was that the sticker might be applied in whole, or might be cut in two to make two stickers. The oval part is just small enough to go on the vent-a-plane glass, or on the windshield in the space already blocked by the rear view mirror. Is this design cool enough that everyone might want to buy several?





XXL T-shirts have now sold out.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Bill Young on March 18, 2010, 04:40:17 PM
That's a nice design Curtis. I had a bumper sticker made up for the Midget to advertise the newsletter, but I like your design better. It would make both a nice small decal for the wind wings with the oval section as well as a good magnetic sign for larger areas.

This is what my bumper sticker looks like, you'll see it in Indy.
sticker.JPG
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: hoffbug on March 28, 2010, 09:28:23 AM
Curtis
Im guessing about 70-30 for the green... Black gets too hot.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 29, 2010, 07:38:31 PM
QuoteIm guessing about 70-30 for the green.

At the moment it's 24 green to 4 black  - not counting myself and my wife. I bet black would have sold a little better in October.




Hey, the shirts arrived early and I've mailed them out already.  Look for big blue-and-white cardstock envelopes in your mailboxes very soon. The smaller shirt sizes weighed less than thirteen ounces, so they went "first-class". The larger shirt sizes weighed just enough more that they didn't qualify for first class, so they had to go parcel post (which is usually slower, plus more expensive.)

When I was shipping, I discovered an error in my accounting: one too few XXL shirts. No worries though, because the shirt company is printing a couple more shirts at no extra charge. (Van's XXL will mail at the end of this week.)




Howard Gardner asked "How much for shipping to Great Britain?"  Eleven U.S. dollars for International First Class service seems to be the only economical option. I'm guessing most of Europe would probably be about the same cost, but just to be sure it's probably best if you e-mail me before ordering.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: kstevusa on March 29, 2010, 08:48:00 PM
Got mine on the 26th.  Great looking shirt.  Excellent quality and color was great!   Curtis, you did GOOD!
You are invited up for a "Cordial" in Indy.
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: MGBV8 on March 29, 2010, 10:58:51 PM
Received mine today.  The green looks much better in person than on my monitor.

I would have ordered a black one, but I have plenty of black Harley t-shirts, already. I learned long ago to only wear them when I am "in the wind" on my bike or in my MG.

Thanks, Curtis!

Oh yeah, you owe my mail carrier 34 cents.  :)
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Bill Young on March 30, 2010, 08:02:29 AM
Mine was in the mail last night when I got home from work, really nice shirts Curtis. I'll wear it at the next club meeting on Saturday to impress all the purists in the club. LOL
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: RMO 699F on March 30, 2010, 12:24:51 PM
Got mine today...the green looks great! Thanks!
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on March 30, 2010, 12:33:38 PM
Thanks guys!


QuoteThe green looks much better in person than on my monitor.

I agree. The fabric is made from a mix of very dark green  and gray thread. I'm not sure if the green is closer to MG's "Dark Mallard" or Jaguar's "Brooklands Green". Apparently the gray thread variates in shade, to give the fabric a dappled appearance. The overall color is a bit darker than the rendering above.


QuoteOh yeah, you owe my mail carrier 34 cents. :)

I apologize for that. You're the second person to bring this to my attention.  I used the after-hours machine at the post office, and I believe I answered all its questions truthfully, so I don't understand why someone inside the post office would take exception to whatever postage the machine charged. Weird!
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: hoffbug on March 30, 2010, 01:55:29 PM
Shirt looks great.. I agree the green does look way better in person...  Now if I can just lose my winter paunch Id Look pretty good in it ..LOL
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: britcars on April 04, 2010, 01:00:14 PM
My tee arrived the other day.  Excellent, great colour!  No postage owing for delivery to the Maine-New Brunswick border.  Even got away with no tax when crossing back into Canada.  ;~)
   
Quote:
    Oh yeah, you owe my mail carrier 34 cents. :)
I apologize for that. You're the second person to bring this to my attention. I used the after-hours machine at the post office, and I believe I answered all its questions truthfully, so I don't understand why someone inside the post office would take exception to whatever postage the machine charged. Weird!
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Spitfire 350 on April 09, 2010, 01:53:33 PM
I was expecting an awsome shirt, what I got was better than expected. Thank you!
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on April 09, 2010, 04:03:00 PM
You guys are very kind.  I have to pass nearly all the credit to my wife Lisa, who took my sloppy freehand sketches and turned them into what you see on the T-shirts. I wish I had ten percent of her talent.



Hey, I should probably give everyone a heads up:

At this moment, there are only exactly two shirts left - one Green-XL and one Green-XXL.  

I don't know when or even if there will be another run of website T-shirts.

If you're an XL or an XXL... better act quick!
Title: Re: On-Sale Now: BritishV8 T-Shirts!
Post by: Moderator on April 15, 2010, 04:23:01 PM
Just one shirt left - if you're an XXL, you're in luck!