BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 07, 2010, 10:11:45 AM

Title: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 07, 2010, 10:11:45 AM
And in celebration I got my customary spring haircut and beard trim. Won't be needing that extra warmth much longer. St. Brigid, the Celtic goddess of poetry, healing and smithcraft, was out in foul weather gathering her firewood for the early spring so she must not need much and warmth should come quickly this year. Imbolc, or the 1st cross quarter, first day of spring in the Traditional Calender, actually fell on Feb. 3rd this year, though not knowing the exact date I didn't celebrate it until later in the week.

Obviously this has great impact for all lovers of convertible sports cars, and sports cars in general, as we will soon be out and about enjoying our favorite roads.

JB
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: kstevusa on February 07, 2010, 01:59:04 PM
Thanks Jim for the astute observations and info.  Those of us who live a tiny bit further South are encouraged by Gen. Beauregard Lee's forecast of an early Spring also.  "Phil" does not hold any creedence down here!  Just got the car out for a short trip yesterday to keep the fluid's  flowing.  Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
SAFETY FASTER!
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: MGBV8 on February 07, 2010, 02:55:16 PM
Y'all are delirious!
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: tr6turbo on February 07, 2010, 05:01:39 PM
Bit my ass.   I am in Ohio with a foot of snow.
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: kstevusa on February 07, 2010, 05:23:31 PM
Dale, I can side with you.  watching the super bowl and the BEACH scenes make it rough.  The low 30's and wet ground are rough! Our 1 1/2" snow (2 snows) was tough. Be great to be on the Beach In Fla.  Daytona can be great in late Feb or it can be cold!  Hell, you could be in Minn. so be thankful.   won't be long till Spring!
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: ex-tyke on February 07, 2010, 05:47:55 PM
Looking out the window here in Canada I can see 99.9% green/brown grass - of course we all know that parts of Southern Ontario are at a lower latitude than Northern California.
Spring arrival, however, is a different story - it'll be April when I roll the car out for some top down motoring.
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: MGB-FV8 on February 07, 2010, 10:09:33 PM
Jim, I wish I could say the same about the D.C. area.  I migrated from 38 years ago from the suburb of Quebec City and now that I'm entitled to retire I may have this type of weather?  Is that the kind of change President "Obama" talked about?

All jokes aside, it's pretty bad some places got close to three feet, unheard of in this area.  Most of work places including local and federal government workers have free leave tomorrow (Monday).  Lots of emergencies and power outage.

My brothers still live in Canada; they're fussing because there's not enough snow to run their snowmobiles.  What's next?  Palm trees in Canada?  Huuumm, not bad!
SNOWSTORMFebruary2010.jpg
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: mowog1 on February 07, 2010, 10:34:57 PM
So much for global warming, eh?
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: Dan B on February 08, 2010, 08:32:49 AM
Haven't you heard, Global Warming causes the weather to get cold, according to the most learned scientists in the land.  You just don't understand the science of it all.  Kind of like Spring starting last week.
Title: Re: Spring has finally made it, Yeah it's finally come at last!
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on February 15, 2010, 02:03:22 PM
Well I'm sure glad it's Spring and not winter. Sort of coming in like a lion though. The white stuff's a foot deep everywhere and drifting to over two. Still coming down too and they say more is on the way. With this kind of weather in Spring I can only imagine what it'd be like if it was still winter. Talk about Lucky!

JB