BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: danmas on December 14, 2009, 10:45:31 PM

Title: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: danmas on December 14, 2009, 10:45:31 PM
What more could a 15 year-old ask for - a hot rod sports car and hooters!
new-1.jpg
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: alana on December 15, 2009, 08:30:49 AM
Understanding parents.

Other than that, I think he's all set ;)
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: mowog1 on December 15, 2009, 09:11:43 AM
I like the way you think, Dan!
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: ex-tyke on December 15, 2009, 09:13:59 AM
Throw a beer or two into the mix in a couple of years and he'll be just like the rest of us.
You've got a bright, well adjusted grandson there, Dan!.......will he be your Indy co-pilot next year?
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: Bill Young on December 15, 2009, 10:10:29 AM
A fine looking young man there Dan. I think you're heading him out in a good direction for sure although the Hooters might be a bit early. I'm sure he's interested but is he really ready for it? Heck, I'm 62 and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it either.
Hope to see you both at Indy.
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: 302V8 on December 15, 2009, 10:23:23 AM
Nico is one lucky teenager!
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: danmas on December 15, 2009, 12:51:06 PM
Actually, I didn't take him to Hooters. That picture was taken in the parking lot of a building supply store next door. When he comes to visit us, he loves to spend time in my workshop making things. We usually wind up making several trips to the supply store for materials for his projects. I built him a workshop of his own in Atlanta, but he still loves to work in mine because I have "more and better" tools to work with.

Here's a picture of one of his projects:
100_4468.JPG
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: MGBV8 on December 15, 2009, 04:23:47 PM
Rushing that birthday a bit, Dan?  If he's ten days older than my son, he won't be 15 'til January.  ;)
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: Capt'n Moorgone on December 15, 2009, 06:56:37 PM
15? I thought Nico was 11 the last year! Damn time flies! Hope to see him in Indy!
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: danmas on December 15, 2009, 07:09:18 PM
That was rounding error, Carl. He's actually only 14 11/12, or 14.92. He'll be 15 on Jan 9.

How can my grandson and your son be the same age, when we're the same age? Approximately, I mean. 69 is dang near the same as 52 isn't it?
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: rficalora on December 15, 2009, 07:17:42 PM
My son likes the G-22 sniper & want's to know if you want to be his grand dad too... but he really wants to get to go to Hooters!
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: BlownMGB-V8 on December 16, 2009, 09:20:40 AM
Heck with that, I want to know if Dan can be MY gran-dad.

Jim
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: Bill Young on December 16, 2009, 10:22:03 AM
Come on Jim, you really just want someone to take you to Hooters! We'll see if we can take care of that in Indy.
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: rficalora on December 16, 2009, 07:44:55 PM
Jim, what are you saying.... Dan's not that old. ;)
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: classic conversions on December 16, 2009, 08:20:46 PM
Dan is playing you guys, that is not Nico. This is Nico
DSC00223.JPG
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: danmas on December 16, 2009, 09:20:13 PM
Bill,

Thanks for that picture!  Nico is too fearless for his own good - that was about a 100 foot drop off on the end of that rock he's standing on. I just about had heart failure when I saw him roaming around out there.
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: classic conversions on December 17, 2009, 12:27:28 PM
Me too! I was talking to him trying to keep him away from where he was seating.

Very nice kid, fun to talk to him. He was collecting rocks then.
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: MGB SS on January 04, 2010, 08:21:54 PM
I was always of the opinion that kids should be introduced into these things at an early age with supervision rather than jumping into them at 19 on there own.

Dan I was in your area over the Holidays, We were in Pigeon Forge and on a whim we decided to drive out to Cades Cove, then up through Townsen and back to Pigeon Forge.  If I had planned a bit better I would have popped in to say hello.

It is great to see  you and Nico are close, all Teenage Boys need this stuff, a Friend, Mentor and Great Example to  follow :)

Joe
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: mowog1 on January 04, 2010, 10:03:46 PM
Did you drive the Dragon while you were there, Joe?
Title: Re: Am I starting him too young?
Post by: MGB SS on January 05, 2010, 09:29:08 AM
Rick

No,  the regular mountain roads were twisty enough for my 7000# Dodge PU.   Great scenery though and Warmer than Michigan