BritishV8 Forum

General Category => The BritishV8 Pub => Topic started by: ssmb on September 10, 2009, 12:16:51 PM

Title: re:introduce yourself
Post by: ssmb on September 10, 2009, 12:16:51 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Steve Schmidt and I live in Lee's Summit, Missouri. My son in law and I are in the very early stages of restoring my AH 3000 and putting a Ford 302 in it. The car was my first race car, and has been in storage since 1976. Luckily, SCCA rules of that era didn't allow much in the way of modification, so the car was never chopped up too much.
I'm sure as the project progresses we will have lots of questions for everyone.
Title: Re: re:introduce yourself
Post by: Bill Young on September 10, 2009, 12:37:57 PM
Welcome to the world of modified British cars Steve. There is a good Austin Healey club here in KC with one member who has a small block Chevy in his so you're in good company. PM me if you want any connections.
Title: Re: another metro area KC Brit V8 fanatic
Post by: Phillip G on October 01, 2009, 10:32:08 AM
Hello Steve Schmidt,

Nice to find another British car V8 fanatic here in Kansas City.  I reside in Merriam, KS - just across the state line from you and I, too, am a British V8 fanatic.  In my case, I favor the MGB and am presently putting a Rover V8 into a B look-a-like (same chassis) - the MG RV8.  My project is nearly complete.  How far along are you on your Austin Healey V8 project ?  I hope to see your V8 Healey someday.

r'grds,

Phillip G